Each business and online marketing professionals have their own techniques and tools. Organizations of all sizes and across all industries are using analytics tools to understand marketing strategy. However, when you are in the online marketing business, at some point there is some platform you have to use or at least try. It may sound complicated or “techie” to some, but it’s possible that you use many analytics tools in life and don’t even realize it.
Digital marketing analytics dashboards are awesome time savers and avenues to track website visitors and measures web traffic. Marketers, web developers, and analysts use digital analytics to examine concrete data, better insights, and results to determine how visitors are finding and interacting with their sites.
But you need to understand along with so many marketing tools and platforms available, which ones truly deserve your attention?
Why is Analytics Platform Important?
Before selecting your analytics platform you need to make sure some must have features:
- Measure web traffic along with page views, unique views, sessions, user entry and exit pages, and behavioral funnels
- Track any tagged digital event or conversion
- Report on traffic over time and real-time analytics
- Website traffic based on demographics, device
- Better understanding of user attributes
- Improved tracking of on-site user behavior
- Greater ability to monitor site performance and usability
Best Analytics Platform for Marketers
The best Analytics tools are determined by customer satisfaction! And it’s true that analytics tools are key to today’s marketing success, and of all the choices out there. If you’re ready to streamline your digital marketing analytics process, check out these top platforms for you and your business. Let’s take a look.
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google helps you to measure traffic metrics for your website, analyzing its performance, and gaining audience insights. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics and has become easier and easier to use.
You just need to add the Google Analytics code into your website’s HTML, the platform will measure certain goals for you, including which pages a visitor clicks on, how long they stay, the actions they take and even segmenting visitors by country as well.
Google Analytics not only lets you measure traffic, sales, and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights to improve your website’s content, conversions, and user experience. Here are some essential features of the best analytics platform:
- See your most important analytics data
- Determine where your best visitors are located
- Help you to learn what people are searching for on your site
- Discover your top content
- Determine your worst performing pages
- Understand your navigation Summary
- Discover if you need a mobile site
- Analytics will let you view your bounce rate over time
If you are searching for an extensive e-commerce analytics solution, then KISSmetrics should really be your first choice. Kissmetrics is a top digital marketing analytics platform that is focused on optimizing your marketing. It is a paid metrics solution with clearly reasonable price points. If you have the budget, KISSmetrics is one tool to research with, in addition to Google Analytics.
The company offers a powerful analytics tool that provides really good information that helps you track, analyze and optimize your digital marketing to find more customer acquisition and retention rates. Through the very detailed information presented, you can make better decisions by analyzing intelligent audience behavior and helping engage with automation.
If you have decided to sign up for KISSmetrics (starts at $29 per month after a 30-day free trial), you notice several things:
- Kissmetrics is ideal for marketers wanting to integrate both their analytics and automation
- Collect revenue data that can help us make better decisions
- Uncover customer acquisition channels
- Track details about your visitors beyond page clicks and location
- Track our acquisition funnel
- Document your A/B tests
- Get insights into how customers are using our product
Mixpanel is a trusted, advanced mobile and web analytics platform. Mixpanel instead of tracking page views, it tracks the actions people take in your mobile or web application. It is designed and developed to enable companies and organizations, regardless of size, to monitor and effectively analyze user behavior.
It’s acclaimed for being simple and used to monitor the activity of visitors as they move through your marketing funnel, from first engagement to conversion, AB test to figure out what your users want, hence its impact as funnel analytics tools. As a bonus, they have a good blog, too.
Here are a few things that make Mixpanel different from other:
- Mixpanel is most focused for both mobile and web
- Mixpanel offers a better event tracking model, a/b testing, surveys, push notifications
- Discover how often customers return and engage with your application using retention reports.
- What is referring sites giving us the biggest ROI?
- Mixpanel’s targeting system automatically groups customers with similar profiles.
Salesforce Wave Analytics Cloud is a strong and secure cloud-based analytics program designed to offer powerful insights and uncover new business opportunities.
The most profitable companies equip their sales teams with the best tools available and help medium-sized businesses to large enterprises to implement rapid, frequent exploration of data, with results displayed via layers of dynamic visualization over underlying data sets.
By using Salesforce, you’re able to track every step of the sale. This platform allows you to:
- Collect and monitor leads
- Track everything in one place
- Track insights for better sales opportunities along with great interface
- Improve the productivity of your sales reps
- Engage directly with leads and create email campaigns
- More granular data reporting
- Powerful and fast
Optimizely is an A/B testing tool that allows you to increase versions on various pages, multipage testing for data-driven decision making and ability to track results accurately. Optimizely is a useful tool if you don’t have much experience working with code and easiest ways to discover which variations of your website increase your website sales and leads the most.
The platform is incredibly easy to use and includes features like:
- A/B, multivariate, and multi-page testing
- Improve customer engagement and increase revenue across desktop, mobile web, and mobile apps
- It automatically creates segments based on URL parameters and other common criteria
- Stats Engine that provides analytics for better decision making
- Excellent ‘idea factory’ helps you create better test ideas
- Personalization that helps you to deliver targeted content in real-time
Save time and effort comparing leading Web Analytics Software tools for your businesses. Hopefully, this information will help you to choose the right one for your business. By the way, what analytics tools are you using? If you feel I have forgotten your favorite one then feel free to add them to the comments below.